SENIOR ACTIVITY CENTRE
Senior Activity Centre
Our Senior Activity Centres aim to promote active ageing and continuous learning via a variety of senior-centric activities through providing a warm, receptive and family environment for our seniors. We believe in facilitating the integration of lonely seniors within their neighbourhoods so that they may age in place with grace and dignity. Activities and courses for seniors are provided free-of-charge or at heavily subsidised rates.
The Community Outreach Services supports the Government’s aim to encourage active ageing. Research shows that keeping active helps us to stay healthy in body, mind and spirit so that we can enjoy our golden years. Our Senior Activity Centres conduct activities and programmes that help seniors to be physically and mentally alert, and continue to keep them plugged into a social network.
Be A Centre Volunteer
- Improve low-income seniors’ quality of life
- Prevent social isolation of poor and vulnerable seniors in identified blocks of HDB rental flats
- Facilitate better co-ordination in the provision of community-based support services to the senior
Profile & eligibility criteria
- 60 years & above
- Seniors staying in identified HDB rental blocks near the SAC
- Vary in economic and educational profile