Reporting to the Manager (Befriending), you will plan, co-ordinate and implement Befriending service to relieve loneliness and improve the quality of lives of the socially isolated Seniors.
- Manage and support the volunteers by coordinating their activities to ensure the frequency and quality of befriending service.
- Recruit, plan and match the volunteers to the Seniors. Monitor the visit report submitted by the volunteers to update the status of the Seniors and prevent lapse in services.
- Conduct social investigation of the Seniors referred to the Association, including periodic assessments and coordination of care‐plan requirements.
- Cultivate and maintain a sound network with Government agencies, stake holders and other community-based service providers for support services such as escort, meals, counselling etc.
- Minimum O levels
- At least 3 years of working experience
- Able to work in the evening and on weekends when required
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Passionate in working with Seniors
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Meticulous and detailed
- Able to converse in a Chinese dialect as many of our Seniors speak only dialect (i.e. Hokkien, Teochew or Cantonese) (to be able to liaise with Chinese dialect, Hokkien, Teochew or Cantonese speaking associates)