About Lions Befrienders
Established in 1995, Lions Befrienders has more than 25 years of experience in befriending and caring for seniors in order for them to age in place in the community. We strive to address the varied needs of more than 20,000 seniors by adopting a senior-centric approach in our eldercare services. Leveraging on the support of some 1,500 volunteers, we actively engage more than 6,000 at-risk seniors through our Befriending and Community Outreach services.
A nation where every senior is active, healthy and happy.
To provide friendship and care for seniors to age in place with community participation, enabling them to enjoy meaningful and enriching lives.
Connecting Seniors, Enriching Lives.
- Relieve the loneliness, isolation and boredom of lonely seniors
- Facilitate integration of lonely seniors into the community
- Facilitate empowering of our lonely seniors
- Promote community participation in caring for the seniors
- Promote active and positive aging
- Encourage lonely seniors to age in place with community support
These values are represented by the acronym CIRCLE.
- Commitment – We pledge to give our best to enrich the lives of those we touch
- Integrity – We uphold trust and accountability in all we do
- Respect – We honour the individual’s rights and beliefs
- Compassion – We serve with kindness and openness
- Leadership – We inspire and empower change for a better future
- Empathy – We listen, we feel, we care